7 Layer Salad
- one head iceberg lettuce washed and torn into pieces
- four hard-boiled eggs chopped
- two large tomatoes chopped
- one eleven ounce package frozen peas, thawed
- six to eight strips bacon cooked and crumbled
- one cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- half cup finely chopped red onion
- parsley for garnish optional
- For the Salad Dressing:
- one ½ cup mayonnaise
- half cup sour cream
- one teaspoon dried parsley
- one teaspoon dried oregano
- one tsp onion powder
- half teaspoon salt
- a quarter teaspoon black pepper
In a trifle bowl, layer the salad in the order of the ingredients listed starting with the chopped lettuce.
In a separate mixing bowl, stir together the salad dressing ingredients until smooth.
Spread the salad dressing over the top of the salad in an even layer.
Cover the salad and refrigerate for two hours or overnight if needed.
Prior to serving, garnish with additional cheese, bacon, peas, or freshly chopped parsley on the top, if desired.