Almond Joy Magic Cookie Bars
- half c. Un-salted butter
- three / four c Brown sugar,
- Packed 1 C. Vanilla
- one egg
- one c flour
- one c chocolate graham cracker crumbs (now no longer pretty nine whole-sheet cookies)
- half c. baking powder
- 1/4 c. salt
- half c. chocolate
- three/ four c. small chocolate chips
- 1 3 / four c. Half a c grated sweetened coconut. Sliced almonds about twelve oz. Sweetened Condensed Milk
Preheat oven three hundred fifty degrees. Line an 8" x 8" baking dish with parchment paper, leaving an overhanging layer to make it easier to loosen the molds and spray with cooking spray; Put it aside. To prepare the dough
In a bowl, beat the butter and brown sugar using a hand mixer until the mixture is clean and creamy. Adding vanilla & eggs and mix to combined. Add the flour, graham crackers, baking powder and salt and mix until well combined.
- Adding chocolate chips. Gently press the graham cracker dough into the bottom of an organized frying pan. - Cook for five minutes. Remove from the oven and sprinkle with small chocolate chips (reserving some), coconut and chopped almonds.
Sprinkle on top with sweetened condensed milk and sprinkle with mini-reserved chocolate chips. - Remember that the pan is warm, so put it lower back into the oven and bake for twenty five minute to half hours until done (I baked mine for about twenty six minutes).
Gently flatten the mold with aluminum foil halfway through cooking to keep the coconut and almonds from browning and rot the mold inside the oven. Leave it to cool at room temperature for half an hour and then put it in the fridge to cool completely . Cut it into nine to twelve squares. Don't undersize the bars even if they are still warm, or the sticky filling will drip all over.