Amish Macaroni Salad
- two c elbow macaroni
- three large hard-boiled eggs, chopped
- one small onion, chopped
- three celery stalks, chopped
- one small red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- two tsps dill pickle relish
- two cups creamy dressing (eg Miracle Whip)
- three tablespoons prepared yellow mustard
- ¾ cup white sugar
- 2¼ teaspoons of white vinegar
- a quarter tsp salt
- teaspoon of celery seeds
*Step by step:
Bring a pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add macaroni and cook eight to ten minutes, until tender. Drain and let cool.
In a large bowl, combine the eggs, onion, celery, red pepper and relish. In a small bowl, combine the vinaigrette, mustard, white sugar, vinegar, salt and celery seeds. Pour over vegetables and stir in macaroni until well blended. Cover and refrigerate at least 1 hour before serving.