Baked Ziti with Shrimp
- Uncooked « Ziti », I used an eight -oz package.
- Large peeled shrimp, I used eight-ounces chopped.
- eight-oz.Of bay scallops.
- An eight-oz block.Of fat-free cream cheese; softened at room temp.
- three-oz.Of shredded sharp provolone cheese.
- Hot water; half a cup.
- Roasted red bell peppers, use twelve-oz bottle.
- one Tbsp.Of olive oil
- Table salt, to ur liking.
- four minced garlic cloves.
- one Tbsp.Of chopped fresh parsley.
As usual, I started by preheating my oven to four hundred °.
And following the package guidelines, I cooked the pasta without adding any salt or butter. You must drain the water well at this step.
In a food processor, I combined hot water with roasted red bell peppers, and softened cream cheese; process until smooth, scraping down the sides as needed.
In a Dutch oven, I heated the oil over medium-high heat until shimmering, and I tossed in the salt and sautéed for two minutes, just until the shrimp and scallops were nearly done.
Next, I added the pepper mix to the pan and bring it to a simmer, reduced the heat to medium and I cooked for two minutes, stirring regularly, then I tossed the pasta and parsley into the shrimp mixture until everything is thoroughly combined.
Following that, I spread the pasta mixture into an eight-inch square baking dish that has been gently sprayed with cooking spray and I topped with shredded cheese, spreading it evenly.
Then, I baked at four hundred degrees for twenty minutes, or until the cheese is melted, and then I removed the pan from the oven.
You can add more cheese if you want, return the pan to the oven and broil for more than 2 minutes, or until the cheese has browned slightly.
Lastly, I removed the pan from the oven and let it cool for ten minutes before serving.