Cherry Layer Cake with Cherry Cream Cheese Frost
- three c sifted cake flour
- two ½ t baking powder
- one t salt
- one cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- Half a cup of vegetable ghee
- 1½ cups sugar
- Half a c of maraschino cherry juice
- Half a c of whole milk
- Half a t of almond extract
- sixteen cherries, cut to eighths
- five egg whites
+To make Frost:
- eight oz (1 piece) cream cheese
- half c (1½ pieces) unsalted butter
- Half a cup of maraschino cherry juice
- six cups confectioners’ sugar
Preheat oven to three hundred fifty °F, generously and flour two cake pans with a 9-inch round cake (line the bottoms with parchment, if desired) and set aside.
Sift flour, baking powder, also salt together in a bowl; Sit aside.
Cream butter, shortening & sugar in bowl for five min, until fluffy.
Measure the milk, almond extract, and cherry juice into one liquid measuring cup together. BegiStartnning and end with the dry ingredients, add the wet and the dry to the cream mix. Beat well after every addition. Fold the cherry.
Beat egg whites in a separate bowl. Adding half of the egg white to mixture to lighten it. Fold in rest egg whites until well mixed.
Divide mix between pans also bake for thirty to thirty five min,
Cool cakes in pans on wire racks for ten minutes.
To make frosting:
Beat butter, cream cheese and half the confectioners’ sugar. Add cherry juice.