Chicken Gloria Casserole
- three boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut in half lengthwise
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- three tablespoons olive oil
- two tablespoons butter
- eight oz mushrooms, sliced
- half cup sherry wine
- one (18 oz) can cream of mushroom soup
- six slices Swiss or Muenster cheese
- two tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped, for garnish
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to three hundred fifty °F and set aside a 9×13-inch baking dish.
- Season chicken liberally with salt and pepper on both sides. Dredge chicken in flour, shaking off excess.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, heat the oil. Once hot, brown the chicken on both sides. (You don’t need to cook it all the way through; it will finish cooking in the oven.) Transfer chicken to baking dish.
- Add butter to skillet and increase heat to medium-high. Add mushrooms and season with salt and pepper. Let cook until golden brown. Stir in sherry, and cook one to two minutes more. Stir in soup, mixing well, and cook until heated through.
- Pour sauce over chicken and top with cheese slices.
- Cover dish with foil and bake thirty minutes. Remove foil and turn oven to broil. Broil until cheese has browned, one to two minutes.
- Let sit five minutes before serving. Top with parsley and serve.