French Silk Pie Brownies
For the brownie:
- one package (18.3 oz) fudge brownie mix up:
- one bar (four oz) German chocolate, finely chopped
- four tablespoons. (half stick) unsalted butter, cubed
- one package (eight ounces) soft cream cheese
- two cups of confectioners’ sugar
- one tub (sixteen ounces) whipped cream, frozen and thawed
- Chocolate curls or small chocolate chips for garnish (optional)
Preparing brownies also baking according to pack directions. Removing from oven & allow to cool totally.
Microwave the German chocolate bars along with the butter in a large microwave-safe bowl on high for thirty seconds. Stir, then melt for another fifteen seconds. Stir until smooth and melted.
To the melted chocolate mixture, whisk together the cream cheese and confectioners’ sugar until combined. Fold in half (eight ounces) of the whipped cream.
Spread the French silk filling over the cooled brownies. Top with remaining whipped topping and garnish with chocolate curls, if using.
Place in the refrigerator for at least four hours, or until firm, before slicing into squares