- 2 1/2 cups cornmeal (60 mL)
- one cup all-purpose flour (250 ml)
- two tsp baking powder (30 ml)
- half c brown sugar (125 ml)
- one tsp of salt (five ml)
- two c buttermilk (four hundred seventy five mL)
- two egg
- 1/3 c melt butter (seventy five ml)
- one c cheese (two hundred fifty ml)
- one c corn (fresh or frozen and thawed) (two hundred fifty mL)
- half pound crispy fried bacon, crumbled
- three jalapeno pepper
Heat cast iron skillet on oven on high.
Preheat oven four hundred twenty five °F.
Close the ring of the oven on which the cast iron pan is located and open the other rings at high temperature.
Mix all the dry ingredients with a fork. Adding rest ingredients & blend well. Coat cast iron skillet with corn oil.
Pour the batter into the skillet and place under the broiler at two hundred twenty five°F for approximately twenty minutes until the bread is golden brown.
Serve for lunch with an omelet and slow cooker ham.