Garlic Butter Twist Rolls Recipe
- Set aside a quarter of flour for kneading.
- four and half cups flour, sifted.
- one tsp fine salt
- four Tblspns milk powder (Nespray, klim etc)
- 1/3 cup (eighty mls) sugar
- ten g yeast (one Tblspn) instant yeast ( Purple Anchor yeast)
- one and 1/3 cup warm milk
- 1/3 cup warm water
- seven Tblspn (+/- 100g) melted butter
- one large egg at room temperature
- Sift two cups flour in to a large bowl and whisk in salt, milk powder, sugar and yeast.
- In a seperate bowl mix together warm milk and warm water and whisk in melted butter and egg. Add this to the dry ingredients. Whisk well.
- Now using a spatular mix in the remaining two and half cups flour till dough comes together.
- Switch off your pre heated oven.
- Begin kneading your dough by hand, adding in the a quarter cup of flour that was set aside. Do not add more flour. Knead for fifteen minutes. Will start of sticky but after seven minutes will start to become smooth.
- Once kneaded place dough in prepared bowl. Spray top of dough with cooking spray. Cover well with clingwrap and place bowl in your warm oven to rise for 1 and half hours. Thereafter, punch down dough.
- Divide in two and roll out. Spread garlic butter over then shape as above
- Place on lightly greased trays and loosely cover tray with cling wrap and allow to rise for thirty to to forty minutes.
- Preheat oven on one hundred eighty degrees celcius for ten minutes. Brush over room temperature beaten egg and bake for fifteen to eighteen minutes. Brush some melted butter over the baked rolls and place on cooling rack. Store in an airtight container once cooled