- two minced onions
- two pounds lean ground beef
- two cloves minced garlic
- one jar tomato-based pasta sauce (about 26 ounces)
- two (14.5 oz) can diced tomato
- one can (six ounces) tomato paste
- one tablespoon Italian seasoning
- two bay leaves
- thirty cups of water
- one green pepper (optional)
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- two c un-cooked macaroni noodle
- one c cheddar cheese
Cook ground beef, onion and garlic over medium heat until the pink color disappears. Strain any fat.
Add pasta sauce, tomato cubes, tomato paste, water, spices and green pepper. Cover over low heat for fifteen minutes.
Add the pasta and continue to simmer over low heat, covered, stirring occasionally, until the pasta is tender (about twenty minutes).
Put the cheese and replace the lid. Leave for five minutes or until dissolved.