Ham & Cheese Pinwheels
They’re baked in a 13 x 9-inch (33 x 23 cm) dish, making them perfect for feeding a crowd and sure to please everyone.
- one hundred twenty five ml (half cup) grated cheddar cheese
- sixty ml (a quarter cup) mayonnaise
- one hundred twenty five ml (½ cup) diced peppers, drained
- sixty ml (1/4 c) green onions
- fifteen mL (1 tbsp) jar pickled jalapeño peppers, finely chopped
- five ml (1 tsp.) Worcestershire sauce
- 0.5 ml (1/8 tsp) ground red pepper (cayenne), if desired
- two boxes (eight units each) Pillsbury™ Refrigerated Croissants
- eight slices of deli sliced ham
1. Preheat the oven to 190°C (375°F). Spray a 33 x 23 cm (13 x 9 in.) glass dish with a capacity of 2.85 L (three quarts) with cooking spray. In medium bowl, beat chili cheese ingredients with electric mixer on medium speed 1 to 2 minutes or until creamy; refrigerate fifteen minutes.
2. Unroll the contents of a box of croissants on a work surface; reshape to form a 30 x 20 cm (12 x 8 in) rectangle. Gently spread half of the spiced cheese mixture over the crescent dough, leaving 2.5 cm (one inch) of space at the small ends to seal the edges together. Placing four slice ham evenly on layer of cheese. Starting at the top short side of the rectangle, roll up tightly and pinch the edges together. Repeat for the other box of croissants.
3. Using a serrated knife, carefully cut each roll into six slices about three cm (1 1/4 in.) wide and arrange spiral sides up in the dish, restoring the slices to their original shape. round shape, as needed. With piece waxed paper, gently press tops of croissants to slightly flatt them.
4. Bake for twenty five to thirty minutes or until the pastry is golden brown and cooked through. Garnish with more sliced green onions, if desired. Serve hot.