Homemade Pepperoni Pizza
Quick Pizza Sauce:
- half (12 ounce) can Contadina Tomato Paste
- one teaspoon dried oregano, crushed
- one teaspoon dried basil, crushed
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- a quarter teaspoon black pepper
Easy Pizza Crust:
- three ¼ cups all-purpose flour, or more as needed
- two (.25 ounce) envelopes FLEISCHMAN’S Pizza Crust Yeast or RapidRis Yeast
- one tablespoon sugar
- one ½ teaspoons salt
- 1 ⅓ cups very warm water (one hundred twenty degrees F to 130 degrees F)
- ⅓ cup oil
- 1 (six ounce) package HORME Pepperoni
- one cup shredded mozzarella cheese, or more to taste
For sauce: Combine all sauce ingredients with half cup water in a medium bowl; set aside for flavors to develop while making crust. Freeze remaining paste .
For crusts: Combine two cups of flour with the dry yeast, sugar and salt. Add the water and oil and mix until well blended (about one minute). Gradually add enough remaining flour slowly, until a soft, sticky dough ball is formed.
Knead for about four minutes, on a floured surface, until dough is smooth and elastic. Add more flour, if needed. (If using RapidRis Yeast, let dough rest, covered, for ten minutes.)
Divide dough in half. Pat each half (with floured hands) into a 12-inch greased pizza pan OR roll dough to fit pans.
For pizzas: Preheat oven to four hundred twenty four degrees F. Top crusts with sauce, pepperoni and cheese.
Bake for eighteen to twenty minutes until crusts are browned and cheese is bubbly. For best results, rotate pizza pans between top and bottom oven racks halfway through baking.