Honey baked ham
- eight lbs pork chops
- 1/4 cup honey
- two cups granulated sugar
- 3/4 tsp onion powder
- 3/4 tsp cinnamon
- half tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves
- half teaspoon smoked paprika
- cooking spray
- Fresh herbs for garnish
- Heat oven to three hundred fifty degrees Fahrenheit. Grease a 9″ x 13″ skillet with cooking spray.
- Place the cut side of the meat in the pan and pour the honey over it. Cover the pan with foil.
- Bake for two hours or until a thermometer inserted into the ham registers one hundred forty degrees Fahrenheit. Take the pork out of the oven and heat the grill.
- Put the sugar, onion powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, cloves, and smoked paprika in a medium saucepan with half cup drops from the pan or water.
- Stir until the sugar mixes with the liquid, then bring the mixture to a boil. Boil for exactly one minute.
- Pour half of the glaze over the ham and place the ham under the broiler. Roast for one to two minutes or until the glaze begins to boil.
- Remove the pork from the oven and pour the remaining mixture over the pork. Roast for an additional one to two minutes.
- Remove the meat from the oven and separate the slices. Transfer the pork to a plate and serve, garnished with herbs, if desired.