Lemon Blueberry Icebox
- one box (two hundred thirty g) Valley Crunchy Granola Bars, crush to coarse crumb
- one hundred twenty five ml flour
- seventy five ml (1/3 cup) firmly packed golden brown sugar
- ninety ml (6 tbsp.) unsalted butter, melted
- seven hundred fifty ml (three cups) vanilla ice cream, softened
- ten ml (two tsp.) lemon extract
- one hundred seventy five ml (3/4 cup) frozen blueberries
Preheat the oven to one hundred eighty °C (three hundred fifty °F). Place Nature Valley Granola Bars in a food processor and blend until coarse crumbs form. In a large bowl, combine crumbled granola bars, flour, brown sugar and melted butter and mix well. Spread the mixture on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and bake for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally. Let cool completely. Spread half of the crumb mixture on the bottom of a twenty cm (eight-inch) baking dish. Reserve the other half of the crumbs.
In a large bowl, pour the softened ice cream and stir in the lemon extract. Stir in frozen blueberries.
Pour the mixture over the crumbled bars in a twenty -cm (eight -inch) baking dish. Sprinkle remaining crumbs on top, cover with foil and freeze for at least 3 hours.
Let the dessert stand for about five minutes after removing it from the freezer to soften, then cut into squares and serve.