Loaded Broccoli Potato Soup
- two tablespoons olive oil
- half onion, chopped
- two carrots, sliced
- one stalk of celery, sliced
- one minced garlic clove
- two tablespoons flour
- two potatoes peeled and cut into cubes
- two cups broccoli in bite-size pieces
- two to three cups vegetable broth
- one cup almond milk
- ¼ teaspoon sweet paprika
- Freshly ground black pepper
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
Heat oil in a saucepan and sauté the onion, carrot, celery and garlic over medium heat until soft.
We incorporate the flour and cook for two minutes, stirring with a spatula.
Add the potatoes, broth and almond milk to the casserole. We bring to a boil and lower the heat. Cover and simmer for ten to fifteen minutes or until potatoes are almost tender.
Then add the broccoli and cook five more minutes without a lid until tender.
Add the paprika and season.
Remove two cups of stock with stumbling blocks from the casserole and set aside. We shred the rest with the blender or blender.
Mix again and serve.