- two lbs. Ground beef or turkey (your choice of meat)
- two sachets of Dole (or other brand) classic cole slaw mix
- four green onions
- three teaspoons minced garlic (I used real garlic and only cut a few slices, adjust to taste)
- three tablespoons soy sauce (I used light soy sauce to taste, doesn’t have to be exact)
- two tablespoons sesame oil
- two teaspoons crushed red pepper (optional)
- two teaspoons ground ginger
Crush hamburgers in the skillet as you normally would.
In a separate skillet, I put the sesame oil, soy sauce, green onions and chopped garlic together and saute until softened. Then I added cabbage (cole slaw mix), ground red pepper & ground ginger and cook it to mostly tender, still crunchy, which I prefer on super soft cabbage. Once this was done, I drained the excess fat from the hamburger and added it to the skillet with the rest of the ingredients and stirred it in. I added touch more soy sauce for taste but not too much. It turn out to be wonderful.