- one cup melted butter (or 1 stick of butter and 1 stick of margarine)
- two cups of sugar
- half cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- four large eggs (lightly beaten)
- one teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups coarsely chopped pecans, toasted
- one bag miniature marshmallow (10.5 ounces)
- one packet of powdered sugar, sifted
- half teaspoon of milk
- a quarter tsp. softened butter
- 1/3 tsp. un-sweetened cocoa
Preheat oven three hundred fifty ° degrees
In a large bowl, whisk together the melted butter and the next five ingredients.
Stir in flour and chopped pecans.
Roll out the batter (it will be thick) in a greased and floured 15×10 inch jelly pan (or use a deep cookie sheet).
Bake at three hundred fifty ° for twenty to twenty five minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in the center comes out clean. Note: Reduce the temperature by twenty five degrees if using a dark baking dish.
Remove from oven; evenly cover hot cake with marshmallows.
Return to the oven and cook for five minutes.
Prepare the chocolate frosting: Beat all the ingredients together with an electric mixer until smooth.
Pour the chocolate frosting over the warm cake.
Let the cake cool completely before cutting it into squares!