Homemade shortcrust pastry
- two hundred g flour
- one hundred g cold butter
- half tsp. salt
- one C. brown sugar or sugar
- forty ml water
- three eggs
- °two hundred g pecans and mixed nuts
- one hundred seventy five g sugar and brown sugar (for example 100 g brown sugar and 75 g sugar)
- thirty five g butter
- one C. cornstarch
- one C. tablespoon vanilla extract or 2 packets of vanilla sugar
- one large tbsp. Glucose or honey or maple syrup
Prepare the shortcrust pastry: mix flour, salt and sugar
Adding cold butter cut to pieces also knead with your fingertips
Rubbing flour between your hands to dissolving butter well.
Add the cold water and mix with your hand to obtain a ball
Place it in the fridge for thirty minutes before rolling it out.
Make the filling by whisking the eggs and sugars
Then add the glucose and the melted butter, as well as the vanilla
Finally, add the cornstarch
Arrange the walnuts in the spread pie shell
Cover with the preparation and bake at one seventy five °C (160°C rotating heat) for forty five minutes.
Leave to cool for at least two hours before serving.