Potato, Ham and Cheese Soup 😋😍
- five yellow potatoes (about 2.2 lbs/1 kg), peeled and diced
- one onion diced
- one stalk of celery, diced
- one grated carrot
- two cups (500 mL) low sodium chicken broth
- one cup (500ml) water
- one bay leaf
- Salt and pear to taste
- one C. (fifteen mL) all-purpose flour
- one cup (two hundred fifty ml) milk
- 1/3 cup (eighty ml) plain yogurt
- one C. (15 mL) chop chives
- one cup (two hundred fifty mL) Cheddar cheese
- one cup (two hundred efifty ml) cubed lean Black Forest ham
In a twenty to twenty six cup (5 to 6.5 L) slow cooker, combine potatoes, onion, celery, carrot, broth, water, bay leaf, half tsp. (two ml) salt and a quarter tsp. (one ml) pepper. Covering & cooking on LOW six to eight h, or on HIGH three to four h
Removing bay leaf & discard. Roughly mash the potatoes using a potato masher. Stir the flour into the milk and pour into the slow cooker. Cover and cook on HIGH for fifteen minutes or until mixture is bubbling around edges.
Meantime in bowl, mix the yogurt with chives.
Stir in Canadian Cheddar and ham. Ladle soup into bowls and top with chive yogurt.