Pudding aux pêches du Tennessee
- five peaches
- sixty ml (1/4 cup) soft unsalted butter
- seventy five ml (1/3 cup) sugar
- five ml (one teaspoon) vanilla extract
- two eggs
- two hundred fifty ml (one cup) pastry flour
- five ml (one teaspoon) baking powder
- one hundred twenty five ml (twelve cups) milk
- two hundred fifty ml maple syrup
Heat the oven to one hundred eighty °C (three hundred fifty°F).
In a saucepan of boiling water, boil the peaches for three to four minutes. Rinse them in cold water to stop cooking, then peel them under cold water. Cut the peaches in half and remove the core. We will need nine peach halves.
Place the peach halves in the bottom of a twenty cm (eight in) square pot.
In a bowl, beat the butter, sugar, and vanilla extract with an electric mixer until the mixture is white. Add eggs while whisking.
In a bowl, sift flour and baking powder. Add the dry ingredients to the previous mixture alternately with the milk. Spread the mixture over the peaches.
In a saucepan, heat the maple syrup. Remove from heat before boiling. Pour over the dough.
Bake in the center of the oven for thirty to thirty five minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Feet warm or cold.