- 1-1/2 pounds lean ground beef
- one large white onion, diced
- one green bell pepper
- two tsp brown sugar
- one tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- two teaspoons dry mustard
- one teaspoon garlic salt
- one (fifteen ounces) tomato sauce
- ¾ cup ketchup
- two cups Gold Medal All Purpose Flour
- three teaspoons baking powder
- one teaspoon of salt
- 1-1/3 cup milk
- six tablespoons melted butter
- two large eggs
- 1-1/2 cups grated cheddar cheese
Preheat oven four hundred °F.
In skillet on heat, cook ground beef to brown. Adding onion also bell pepper & sautée to tender, for six min.
Stir in brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce, dry mustard and garlic salt.
Add tomato sauce and ketchup and stir until well blended.
Let the mixture simmer over low heat while you prepare the filling.
For filling, add flour, baking powder and salt to a large bowl.
Stirring in milk, melt butter also eggs to well mixed.
Stirring in grated cheese.
Pour the meat mix to 13 * 9 inch baking dish.
Spreading filling on meat mixture.
Bake for twenty five to thirty minutes or until the crust is golden.