Spaghetti Stuffed Garlic Bread
- sixteen ounce Italian bread loaf
- butter & garlic powder for bread
- one pound ground beef
- one pound ground sausage
- six teen ounce tomato sauce
- six ounce tomato paste
- one medium onion, diced
- seven ounce uncooked spaghetti
- half cup Parmesan cheese, divided in half
- 2/3 cup Mozzarella cheese, divided in half
- one tablespoon Italian seasoning, generous
- one teaspoon salt + a pinch
- half teaspoon minced garlic
- half teaspoon ground black pepper
Preheat oven to three hundred seventy five ° Fahrenheit.
In a large sauce pan, boil spaghetti until al dente. Remove from heat and drain.
While pasta is cooking, brown beef & sausage in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onion while browning meat. When brown, drain off any excess fat and return to skillet. Add tomato sauce, paste, Italian seasoning, garlic, salt & pepper. Mix well. Simmer for five to eight minutes. Add cooked pasta. Mix well again and remove from heat.
While meat sauce is simmering, cut the Italian bread loaf in half using a bread knife. Carve out the middle of each half of the loaf. Remove any remaining bread to create a large hollow in each half. Brush insides of the hollows and sides of the halves with butter. Sprinkle with garlic powder. Toast in oven.
When bread is toasted, spoon the prepared spaghetti & meat sauce into the hollow of each half, filling the hollows completely. (You will have spaghetti & meat sauce left over). Top with cheeses- 1 of the divided halves of the cheeses for one loaf and one for the other.
Bake at three hundred seventy five ° for fifteen to twenty or until cheese is melted and golden. Remove from oven and gently cut with a bread knife to serve.