- onefrozen pie crust (deep dish if you can find it)
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- three tablespoons cornstarch
- three tablespoons dry strawberry gelatin (like jelly – about half three-ounce can)
- two cups strawberries, sliced (halves or quarters, depending on the size of the berries)
- whipped cream for garnish
Prick the bottom and sides of the frozen pie crust with a fork, and bake according to package directions. If you are concerned about the crust swelling, before baking, place a piece of parchment paper inside the crust and add about a cup of dried beans or rice. to calm down.
In a small saucepan, add the water, sugar, and cornstarch and whisk until combined. Heat over medium heat until boiling, reduce heat slightly and simmer for several minutes, until it thickens.
Whisking in dried strawberry gelatin & set apart to cool, stir occasionally.
Wash and cut the strawberries into slices, then add them to the cooled pie crust. Pour the strawberry gelatin mixture over the strawberries. Put it in the fridge for at least four hours, until it is completely done.
Serve cold with whipped cream, if desired.