Strawberry Upside Down Cake
- half cup (one hundred twenty five ml) sugar
- two tablespoons cornstarch
- four c strawberries cut into quarters
- one teaspoon vanilla
- two c (five hundred ml) flour
- one teaspoon baking powder
- a quarter teaspoon salt
- four large eggs, at room temperature
- 1½ cups (three hundred seventy five ml) sugar
- half c melted butter
- half cup (one hundred twenty five ml) vegetable oil
- one cup (two hundred fifty ml) milk
- one teaspoon vanilla extract
Grease a ten-inch round cake pan and grease it well. Preheat oven to three hundred fifty degrees F (one hundred seventy five degrees C).
Mix the cornstarch and sugar together and sprinkle the strawberries with the mixture. Add vanilla extract. Mix well. Placed on the bottom of the cake pan. Sift flour, baking powder and salt. Put aside.
In bowl of a stand mixer, beat eggs/sugar. In a measuring cup, mix butter and vegetable oil. Add it to the mixer while it continues to whisk. In a small bowl, mix the vanilla extract with the milk.
Alternately add the dry ingredients and milk to the butter mixture. Pour into a cake pan over the strawberries. Bake for fifty to sixty minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
to calm down. Served with vanilla ice cream