- one pound lean ground beef
- one tsp oil
- three bell pepper
- one jalapeno pepper – seeds removed, stems and finely chopped
- one cup tomato sauce
- one teaspoon salt
- two teaspoons ground cumin
- two teaspoons chili powder
- one teaspoon onion powder
- one teaspoon garlic powder
- Half a cup of beef broth
- three cups Spanish-style rice – 2 packages Spanish-style flour rice works great
- one cup grated Fiesta cheese – or Monterey Jack cheese
- Coriander and green onions for garnish – optional
In a large skillet over medium heat, add the oil, ground beef, bell pepper, and chopped jalapenos.
Cook for 6-8 minutes, stirring and using a spoon or spatula to break up the ground beef, until the meat is completely browned and the peppers are tender.
Add tomato sauce, salt, cumin, chili powder, onion powder, garlic powder, and meat broth.
Reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer for five to ten minutes until reduced and thickened.
Stir in rice. Put grated cheese on top. Cover the mixture for two to three minutes until the cheese melts.
Garnish with coriander and green onions if desired and serve.