The jumbo shrimp potato
- one pound jumbo shrimp
- six tablespoons extra virgin olive oil,
- two medium leeks, chopped (about 1/3 cup)
- one 1/2 teaspoon chopped
- serrano chile (about 1 medium)
- two teaspoons dried thyme
- thirteen oz Baby Yukon Gold
- Potatoes, cut into quarters (about two cups)
- one garlic clove, thinly sliced (about one small spoon)
Using a knife, make a cut 1/4 inch deep along
Every shrimp shell appeared from head to
Tail. Leave the cochlea and head intact. using file
wet paper towel and paring knife,
Remove and discard the vein. dry pat shrimp,
and set aside.
Heat 1/4 cup of oil in a very large frying pan
Medium-high to shimmering & very hot.
Add shrimp and saute until the skin burns.
About 1 minute. Transfer shrimp to a plate.
Reduce heat medium. Add shallots, chile,
and thyme, and fry until shallots become
Sizzling, about thirty seconds. Adding potatoes &
Shrimp with potatoes & tomatoes
Before adding liquid, each ingredient – from shrimp in their
Potato peels filled with butter – burn in olive oil to speed up and intensify the roasting process
flavor. Slideshow: More shrimp recipes
- half cup white wine
- three c ripe cherry tomatoes (about one pound)
- 1 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground white pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded fresh basil
garlic, cover, cook, shaking pan often,
until the edges of the potatoes begin to turn brown, about five
Minutes. Uncover, add wine and cook while stirring
Occasionally, until the liquid has almost evaporated,
From five to six minutes.
Adding tomatoes, covering & cook to tomatoes
begin to split & release their juices &
Potatoes are soft, for 8 minutes. Add
shrimp, and cook, stirring occasionally, until
Shrimp and tomato are cooked
Soft, two to three minutes. seasoning with salt &
white pepper; Stirring in basil. divide by four
Shallow bowls, drizzle with remaining two
spoons of oil, and serve.