WHITE CHICKEN ENCHILADAS
- two cups cooked, shredded chicken (store-bought roast chicken can be used)
- ten flour tortilla
- two cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese (or mozzarella cheese)
- three tablespoons butter
- three tablespoons of flour
- two cups chicken broth
- one cup sour cream
- four ounces green pepper can be cut into cubes
- Salt, pepper and Adobo seasoning to taste
Heat the oven to three hundred fifty degrees Fahrenheit. Spray a 9″ x 13 baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
In a medium bowl, combine cooked shredded chicken, one cup shredded cheese, salt, pepper, and Adobo seasoning.
Put the chicken mixture on each piece of tortilla bread.
Roll them all up and place them in the prepared baking dish.
In a medium sized saucepan, melt the butter.
Whisk in the flour and let it cook and thicken for one minute (don’t let it burn).
Add chicken broth and whisk until smooth. Add sour cream and green pepper. Make sure not to let the mixture boil.
Remove the sauce from the heat and pour it over the enchiladas. Put the rest of the grated cheese.
Bake for twenty to twenty five minutes. If you’d like, you can turn the grill up to high heat and grill for a minute or two until the cheese is brown and slightly browned.